Who we are: Based in Toronto, Open Farm is one of the fastest growing CPG companies in North America. We focus on producing premium, healthy food and treats for pets, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl.
The Role: We are looking for a highly motivated and animal-loving Copywriter to join our internal marketing communications team (to join our team remotely!).
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our Marketing, E-Commerce and Sales team on insight-driven, integrated marketing campaigns and programs that keep the Open Farm brand differentiated and consistent across all internal and external touch points. You are a natural storyteller who loves being challenged, while ensuring that language is used as a tool to inspire and motivate.
As a creative writer, you will help with brand campaigns, website/E-Commerce storytelling, be the voice of our blog, launching new products, inspiring our sales team and most importantly our customers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with other creative thinkers. You are borderline obsessive when it comes to self-editing for tone, grammar, and spelling.
Primary Responsibilities (If this list looks exciting, click "Apply"!)
- Integrated Brand Campaigns: Be a key member of the marketing communications team by using conceptual thinking to ideate and develop and executing insight-driven campaigns that deliver the Open Farm promise to our customers
- Blog/SEO: You’re a creative writer who understands SEO and can revive the Open Farm blog as a key storytelling channel while also bringing new visitors to our website
- Video Content: Write copy to develop concepts and bring ideas to life through video
- New Product Launches: You will help bring inspiring language to our new product launches – exciting our customers, sales team, retailers and distributors.
- Email: Elevate our email copy to increase open rates, CTR and conversion
- Social Copy: Work with our organic and paid social teams to elevate copy to drive engagement
- Sales & Training: Deliver the brand voice in brand selling and training materials for our sales team, distributors and retailers
- Storytelling: Proactively identify opportunities to weave brand storytelling into our marketing communication
- Collaborate: Work closely with the rest of the Marketing, E-Commerce and Sales teams to ensure our brand narrative and voice are consistent across all touchpoints
- Uphold Brand Consistency: Drive brand consistency across all touchpoints and produce/maintain brand guidelines
- 4+ years experience in a writing role for an agency or an in-house creative team
- Big plus if you’ve written for a lifestyle or CPG brand in an advertising capacity
- You can work independently but also thrive in a collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented and deadline-obsessed
- Love for pets, animals and the Open Farm mission to Do Some Good
- Highly organized, self-starter who can manage projects independently from end to end
- Maintain high standards in every aspect of your work and continually raise the bar
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and adaptable to rapid change
What We Offer
- The opportunity to grow, develop and make an impact with a dynamic, growing company
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Great office culture (with lots of adorable pets!) and people who are thoughtful and passionate about work and community
- Casual dress code
- Full suite of benefits - including monthly pet feeding program for someone who loves to keep their pet well fed year-round
- Annual Wellness Stipend - discount for gym membership
- This is a remote opportunity. We are accepting applicants within Canada with the ability to work remotely within the Eastern Standard Time Zone
Open Farm values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of Open Farm's recruitment process should contact email@example.com. As required by legislation, Open Farm will consult with applications requesting such an accommodation to ensure that Open Farm's recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs.